Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Mediation documents - Admissibility in Court

(2 Posts)
slumberjac Fri 07-Mar-14 09:13:42

Me again! This time I need to know about Mediation documents and their admissibility at court. I attended Mediation with my ex in 2010. He has made many references to what I agreed to in the meetings without actually using the documents. I have three separate documents; the first two are "Mediation Session Record & Summary of Discussions" and they are both marked 'Without Prejudice', so I understand I can't use them. However, the third document - "Statement of Outcome of Mediation for Co-Habitees" - is not marked without prejudice. I am assuming I can therefore use this (although I do understand it isn't legally binding) ? Does anyone have any knowledge in this area?

Many thanks

Collaborate Fri 07-Mar-14 12:01:55

It's without prejudice until both parties solicitors have confirmed in open correspondence that after receiving advice both clients wish to proceed with the deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now