Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

PC World have sold me a computer last weekend which is not suitable

(3 Posts)
BlueSkySunnyDay Fri 28-Feb-14 16:32:25

Before I talk to them where to I stand legally

Spoke to the salesman - told him EXACTLY what we needed it for. Showed him the site of the software I needed to be using on it (which he barely looked at as he said "oh yes I do that I know what you need")

Have spent a WEEK trying to sort it out - eventually gave the software manufacturer access to the computer so they could trouble shoot - this is their response:

"Unfortunately this computer does not meet the minimum requirements

System requirements

Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor *this is a APU 1.5 GHz single core"*

Ishouldbeweaving Fri 28-Feb-14 17:20:50

I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on tv.

The info you want is here
www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/consumer_ni/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/faulty_goods_e/what_is_meant_by_goods_not_fit_for_purpose.htm

As you told the sales assistant exactly what you wanted it to do you have more rights under the sale of goods act than if you'd picked it out yourself. It has to be fit for the purpose for which it was sold and as you specifically said that it had to work with software X and it doesn't then it's not fit for purpose.

The challenge may be getting them to accept that they advised you wrongly.

BlueSkySunnyDay Fri 28-Feb-14 21:11:39

LOL @ "nor do I play one on TV"....i want RL to be like The Good Wife!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now