Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Advice RE:Leaving abusive partner abroad

(5 Posts)
JimminyBillyBob Thu 20-Feb-14 21:14:59

If anyone with experience or advice could have a look in the 30-day forum, would be really appreciated here
Any bumps to this post appreciated too thanks

Collaborate Fri 21-Feb-14 06:55:04

Bad link

JimminyBillyBob Fri 21-Feb-14 09:26:59

Link here hopefully - thank you.

Collaborate Fri 21-Feb-14 23:33:17

You're probably better reporting the original question if you're after a decent response.
Much depends on the country she's living in. It may be that she's not entitled to bring divorce proceedings in the UK until she's been living back here a year. Things to bear in mind about which country to proceed in include the location of assets (easier to enforce if they are located in the country that she divorces in) and which jurisdiction will give her a more generous settlement.

She needs to take some proper legal advice in both countries.

babybarrister Sat 22-Feb-14 20:36:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: