Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Where to submit child contact order application?

(12 Posts)
runnermum1974 Thu 20-Feb-14 14:27:18


I have completed a child contact order, but where do I send it to?


nocheeseplease Thu 20-Feb-14 14:28:27

It needs to be sent to the County Court closest to where the child lives.

runnermum1974 Thu 20-Feb-14 14:39:59


Do you have to send it in person?

nocheeseplease Thu 20-Feb-14 14:52:20

Do you mean does it have to be delivered by you in person? If so then no it can be sent by post (with an extra copy to be served on the other party) with a covering letter. You will also need to send £215 for the Court fee. Hth

runnermum1974 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:06:22

I am on benefits, so I will be exempt from court fees I think.

mumblechum1 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:07:37

You'll also need to apply for exemption from fees as well. The form can be downloaded from the HMCT service website.

nocheeseplease Thu 20-Feb-14 15:08:23

In that case you'll just need to send in a fee remission form with your application together with proof of your benefits and you shouldn't have to pay anything then.

runnermum1974 Thu 20-Feb-14 16:03:55

What is the fee remission form called? Does anyone know? Thanks!

mumblechum1 Thu 20-Feb-14 16:16:15

It was always EX100 or something like that.

runnermum1974 Thu 20-Feb-14 17:03:23

Thanks. Its Ex160!

Longlive2014 Thu 20-Feb-14 17:09:03

As it is a family order application you need 4 copies of everything. Cafcass, yourself, other party, judges/magistrates

Longlive2014 Thu 20-Feb-14 17:09:36

Check your benefit it in the list. Contribution based Jsa isn't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now