Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Anybody know how I can make Ex H to pay child maintenance (have a consent order)

(8 Posts)

I am recently divorced and have a court signed financial consent order which includes the need for Ex H to pay maintenance. He is now refusing to pay this and says he won't pay anything until he is made to.

I have tried contacting the court for two weeks and the person I need to speak to is never available. I no longer have a solicitor involved to ask either and can't afford to pay for anymore legal advice.

Can anyone help please?

GlitzAndGiggles Mon 10-Feb-14 12:29:08

If you know his NI number phone csa

I have already contacted CSA. Unfortunately they cannot intervene while a court order is in force. It applies for 12 months.

STIDW Mon 10-Feb-14 15:03:09

When payments are in arrears the leaflet EX324 telling you how to apply to enforce the order and the form for registering the it with the magistrates court are available to download from the Ministry of Justice website.

Thank you STIDW I will have a look at that. Sorry for late reply. Had a house full of other peoples children

Do you know if it matters that the consent order was approved by the county court not the magistrates court?

STIDW Mon 10-Feb-14 17:33:47

Actually that was a typo the leaflet is EX327 and it explains what to do when the order was made in the county court.

That explains things- I looked at the other one and it didn't seem quite right so will have a look at EX327. Thank you again.

Just managed to sit down and read the leaflet through and thankfully it looks like I can follow the process without needing a solicitor involved again.

Thank you thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now