Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Evidence Needed for Court to Order Drug Test

(4 Posts)
Mumstheword1980 Mon 10-Feb-14 12:13:52

Hi All - does anybody know what evidence my ex would have to produce in court for a Judge to order a drug test, if any? I don't do drugs but it looks like I would be liable for the cost which is in the region of about �1000 grin( Seems pointless and a waste of money! Help!

Thanks!

Mumstheword1980 Mon 10-Feb-14 12:14:22

PS. This is for child contact order.

Thanks!

lostdad Mon 10-Feb-14 12:31:48

He doesn't need any evidence for a court to order it - just to convince a judge that one is needed! The onus is on him to prove one is needed, not for you to prove one isn't.

Should he convince the court you should suggest that he pays for the costs, you share them, etc. depending on circumstances.

Bear in mind that only court-ordered tests are admissable in court (by an approved tester like Trimega). However if there is any mileage in his allegations contact a substance abuse charity or the like and start the paper trail to show the issue is being dealt with.

Mumstheword1980 Mon 10-Feb-14 12:39:44

OK - thanks! I think he has some personal messages from my Facebook that could be mis-construed, as he knew my passwords grin(

This is terrible grin(

Thanks for your help again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now