Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Pre-natal depression and the police

(10 Posts)
Alwhitham Sun 09-Feb-14 15:59:35

I had my baby 2nd jean this year, and leading up to me giving birth, I suffered badly from pre-natal depression.

My ex partner came to pick our son up one day and started an argument about our son. Things got out of control and he said he would kick the baby out of me.

Because I had no witnesses to this disgusting verbal attack, I logged on to an old email address of his and sent everything to my email address of what he said, and stupidly took it to the police.
Because I was suffering from bad depression, I had no idea what I was doing.

Now the case is being taken to court and I am seriously scared about what the outcome will be.

I don't know what to do sad

Joules68 Sun 09-Feb-14 16:01:24

Well if the cps think it's going to be worth pursuing I guess you will find out eventually

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sun 09-Feb-14 16:09:36

I think all you can do is be honest. Do yu have any medical evidence that you were depressed?

Alwhitham Sun 09-Feb-14 16:13:04

Hi, yes. It was confirmed by the doctors in the October

Figster Sun 09-Feb-14 16:17:55

Sorry I don't quite understand this he verbally threatened you so you got into an email account of his, typed what he said and then sent it to your own email address so it looked like he had sent it? Is that right?

Trapper Sun 09-Feb-14 16:20:47

Sorry you are going through this.

What is the case that is going to court? Him threatening you, or you falsifying evidence/ wasting police time? Are the police even aware that you sent the emails?

Alwhitham Sun 09-Feb-14 16:30:29

You are both correct, trapper it's for me falsely giving evidence n wasting police time

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sun 09-Feb-14 19:29:42

Seriously you need to be honest and be very, very sorry. Can you make a written statement before hand for the judge? Just explain that everything you wrote was true and that you felt that this was the only way to have some evidence to prove it. It was the wrong decision made in the midst of depression and a relationship breakdown and following a threat and that if you could go back you would have followed the correct course of action.

Alwhitham Sun 09-Feb-14 21:29:57

This is something I would need to speak to the officer in charge of the case about. I do regret doing it, and it was the only way of getting people to realise how much of a horrible person this man really os

Joules68 Sun 09-Feb-14 21:32:24

I doubt 'depression' will make much difference. Half the country seem to have it at any one time

Be honest...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now