Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

OMG how spiteful are social workers?

(46 Posts)
IWillKillHisXbox Wed 05-Feb-14 15:22:17

Back between January- March 2013 I made two tearful phonecalls to ss begging for help with my 13yr old DD as she was stealing from me and other people staying out and mercilessly bulliyng her younger brother. BOTH times I was told "sorry we cant help you its parental responsibility" Not helpful as I was heavily pregnant with number 3 at the time. When they finally deighned to get involved it was to try and put my newborn up for adoption under falsified information that I wasnt co operating with hv. Turned up in court with the hv book that was irrefutable evidence. Have made a couple of complaints re this and other stuff (namely a social worker team manager that I will refer to as Cruella) obstructing me as I was walking up and down the courthouse stairs FIVE times in one day. Stage 1 complaint not upheld (ss investigating ss- go figure) So now basically ss arecontinually lying and twisting words and reports to their own tune and making sure the care proceedings take as long as poss as they know that when it is finished tha pariamentary ombudsman is going to receive a package that will take weeks to go thru. Any advice, prev. experience on this matter please?

Doha Wed 05-Feb-14 18:55:38

I would suggest in future you modify your thread title. You certainly put my back up with that one.
Not all SW are vile- some are incredibly good at their very stressful jobs (no l am not a SW). There is no doubt that as in every profession there are good and bad workers and l am sorry you are having this awful time but please do not tar them all with the same brush. hmm

Roshbegosh Wed 05-Feb-14 18:59:48

What was it that you did not cooperate on? Why are they concerned about your baby's safety?

Darnley Wed 05-Feb-14 19:23:34

Seems to be an awful lot of information missing... Can't make the connection between you asking for help with teenage behaviour and then your baby being put up for adoption. Bit odd ...

fluffygal Wed 05-Feb-14 19:36:43

Agree with Doha, I am a social worker (in adults) and was told I was amazing today <preens> . A lot of your post could be blamed on red tape (taking time with care proceedings), SW's must be accountable for their work or they can be struck off, they couldn't just apply to take your child into care out of spite or on a whim. They have large enough caseloads as it is!

Can you share the info for why they wanted to take your dc into care?

Petitgrain Wed 05-Feb-14 19:46:09

I'm afraid that in my personal experience, yes, some social workers can be uncaring, heartless and sometimes even cruel. YMMV of course and that isn't tarring everyone with the same brush, it's referencing things I have seen and heard over the course of several years of contact with many social workers.

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 05-Feb-14 19:51:30

Professionally I have had dealings with social workers. Some are spiteful, inept, cruel, generally shite.
But there's probably about 90% of this story missing. And I'm pretty sure it's not very flattering to you, OP.

Joules68 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:28:54

I think that too wembley

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 05-Feb-14 23:07:35

Maybe we're just cynical and jaded, Joules...........

DrMaybe Sat 08-Feb-14 19:04:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IWillKillHisXbox Tue 11-Feb-14 18:07:24

As I have chosen not to vaccinate my kids (fully informed mind you - after three kids I could qoute info at you in my sleep) and needed to protect my youngest two from eldest bullying them Im deemed to be neglecting them. As ss have walked into the situation assuming Im an attachment disordered depressive medically neglecting my kids they are having to twist or downright lie to prove this. When hv came to my house she sais "I'll put baby down for needing BCG just in case you go on holiday..." Eh? You what love? Will you? start of complaints right there. Dont walk into my house and treat me like a moron unless you are sure your IQ is higher than my own. SS have made sure noone else (judges etc.) have heard my reasons for disliking the hv. So hv doesnt get into more trouble? So before you judge me "Gone somewhere for a more sympathetic ear" my arse love - Im a busy woman.

IWillKillHisXbox Tue 11-Feb-14 18:11:06

So Doha - How often are SW psychiatrically assessed to make sure that all those harrowing and terrible cases ( like Victoria Climbie and Baby P) do not affect the way these people work (presume)?

RhondaJean Tue 11-Feb-14 18:12:11

But there is no legal requirement to even see a hv at all so how can that be used as grounds to take a child into care?

LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 18:13:32

i am sorryyou are going through this, but you do sound quite aggressive

DustyBaubles Tue 11-Feb-14 18:14:00

But loads of people choose not to vaccinate, and opt out of HV stuff.

There must be something else that triggered that level of involvement.

Lagoonablue Tue 11-Feb-14 18:14:57

It is incredibly complex to remove a child and pit it up for adoption. SW cannot do it without good evidence.

hickorychicken Tue 11-Feb-14 18:15:52

Half of this story is missing surely. And to write that as a thread title is very immature.

ATacticalNameChange Tue 11-Feb-14 18:15:56

You sound angry and aggressive. That is not going to help your case. Social workers do not take children into care for not vaccinating.

ChoudeBruxelles Tue 11-Feb-14 18:19:01

I think you're a bit deluded if you think social workers have time to just make up stuff about people

tiredlady Tue 11-Feb-14 18:20:21

Sorry OP
You sound rather hostile and aggressive.
Maybe the SW have reason to question your parenting
BTW, not vaccinating your kids is not a reason to get SS involved - ther's more to this than meets the eye...

tiredlady Tue 11-Feb-14 18:21:29

there's

hickorychicken Tue 11-Feb-14 18:21:59

I dont no about anywhere else but here the team of hv are so overrun they wouldnt have time to do this without good reason . I didnt see a hv or professional for over a year with dd1, and nobody blinked.

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 11-Feb-14 18:25:27

'Protecting your older kids'. Does that involve your aggression? You don't give any more information. As you don't care how you come across on here I'm guessing you're like this in RL. There's still so much you're not telling, although you are painting a convincing picture, albeit not one that puts you in a good light.

IWillKillHisXbox Tue 11-Feb-14 21:00:10

Baby has not been put up for adoption they didnt have enough evidence so nixed. And if you met me in RL you would know Im one of the least aggressive people you could come across. Eldest child was stealing phones _ so many its unreal, bullying middle child mercilessy(all behaviour she has been excluded from school for). And around here, just "opting out" of hv services would give a red rag to ss. The reason hv thought she could treat me like an idiot is because when my youngest was born the hosp. and hv didnt know I had 2 older children as Id moved house within two years, so unfinished house, youngish looking mum oh well Ive just got to not know what Im doing. And because Ive asserted myself (something that took me many years to do so up yours all you that say I must be aggressive in real life) and made them look like the utter power crazed cows that they are they dont like it. Also, every time I make a complaint to point out their mistakes I get nuisance phonecalls. So often that I have come to expect them. I will say that the childrens guardian IS a DECENT social worker, not condecending as much as the sw from the LA

IWillKillHisXbox Tue 11-Feb-14 21:04:28

So Im guessing the human condition is to naturally be presumptive about someone you've never met coz theres plenty going on here. (aggressive - huh, you really dont know me)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now