Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

HELP!!! B132 notice . What now????

(7 Posts)
Whatthefuckisthis Wed 05-Feb-14 12:44:32

Moved in with dp, I was aware he had a lot debts, nothing major just a few thousand split up to various people . He has started working through them and slowly paying them off. He owns his own house and one more that he rents out. Some of the debts are council tax bills are from previous tenants.

I'm at home , he asked me to keep an eye out for a cheque coming,so when a letter came through the door marked important , I opened it.

It's a B132 Notice to a registered proprietor of an application to enter an agreed notice.

It's sounds fucking scary, the wording is hurting my brain. Is the house going to be repressed ?

Any help would be great!

PatriciaHolm Wed 05-Feb-14 12:55:39

A B132 is normally used to inform you that a creditor is attempting to put a charge on your property - to secure an unsecured debt against it. I would seek legal advice if this is the first your partner has heard of any court proceedings regarding the debts. It's possible it's gone to court but he hasn't told you.

Whatthefuckisthis Wed 05-Feb-14 13:09:54

It's possible its gone to court and he hasn't even opened the letter ! There is a pile - the denial pile!

PatriciaHolm Wed 05-Feb-14 13:34:14

Ah. Then he definitely needs to open those and get legal advice. If it's gone to court and he's ignored it, he's in trouble.

Whatthefuckisthis Wed 05-Feb-14 14:44:31

Would he be able to still set up a payment method at this stage??

PatriciaHolm Wed 05-Feb-14 16:09:04

He should still be able to pay it off, yes, but I expect they will ask for it all at once. he will already have a liability order against him from the court with regards to the debt, which he would appear to have ignored/not even opened.

Unexpected Wed 05-Feb-14 20:27:01

Your dp needs to get his head out of the sand. You say he is paying his debts off slowly but if he has a "denial" pile which he hasn't even opened and at least one debt has reached court proceedings, then he's not doing a very good job of it! Also, what does he mean some of the debts are Council Tax from previous tenants? Is he denying that these debts are his? If so, is he doing anything about proving that? Do you believe what he is telling you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now