Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Buying him out of the property...

(3 Posts)
Noregrets78 Thu 30-Jan-14 21:53:44

As part of our financial settlement, I'm due to buy him out of the property. Is this something I can do myself, without paying for conveyancing? Seems an unnecessary expense for something that might be simple.
Is it form TR1 which someone mentioned? I can't tell if that would work in this case.
If it is - what's the consideration? He is receiving a lump sum payment, but obviously that's the settlement of the whole finances, rather than a straight payment for his share of the house.
Thanks in advance...

Collaborate Fri 31-Jan-14 14:16:44

Hard to do on your own. Almost impossible unless you know what you're doing. If there's a mortgage the lender will insist on a solicitor being appointed.

Noregrets78 Sat 01-Feb-14 01:18:19

Thank you, that's helpful. I'll crack on with the conveyancing solicitor in that case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now