Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

How do I go contacting someone who has absconded?

(4 Posts)
cumfy Mon 16-Sep-13 20:05:03

Try chatting with the neighbours.

Or probably better, just contact the police if it's a case of theft.

Also might be worth taking registration plates of the nearest 10-20 cars.

ishchel Tue 10-Sep-13 18:43:31


familylawyerlouise Tue 10-Sep-13 16:46:52

I can't think of anything else. If you look at the Association of British Investigators website (ABI) you might find a process server or investigator that could give you an indication on fees.

ishchel Tue 10-Sep-13 12:35:44

I think I have found my mother's husband who has absconded with the marital assets. I would like to contact the address I believe is at but also have confirmation that he has received the information. Besides sending a letter that is tracked and signature required, any other things I ought to do?

(short of hiring a private investigator to do it for me?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now