Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

How to enforce pension allocation

(4 Posts)
mumblechum1 Mon 09-Sep-13 13:05:39

As Collaborate says, it's now out of the hands of your ex. It's the pension co you need to chase if you've already sent all the docs to them already.

Twitterqueen Mon 09-Sep-13 13:03:44

Thanks Collaborate

Collaborate Mon 09-Sep-13 12:39:14

You need to send to the pension trustees the decree absolute, the full financial order (including pension share annexe), the fee (the pension fund will tell you how much) and personal information (eg date of birth, address, NI number etc.

If they won't implement it they will usually tell you why.

Twitterqueen Mon 09-Sep-13 12:08:36

As part of my divorce settlement I was awarded a 53k allocation from my ExH pension fund.

ExH refuses to do anything about it and Judge (the same Judge who awarded it) would not help or offer additional guidance during another settlment-related hearing in April.

The allocation was made 10 months ago. I wrote the company once and got a 'go-away' letter. That person has now moved on.

Anyone got any advice on how I can progress this? do I have to go to court again? Should I just persist with pension company?

Any advice appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now