Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

For a friend, not sure if right section?

(3 Posts)
DownstairsMixUp Sat 07-Sep-13 07:41:56

Ah OK fair enough I didn't want him to get in trouble for council tax evasion or anything. There will be him and two other guys as security who stay in campers over night so it seems all legit. He won't get paid for it they've said its just a perk of his job that he gets to live on site but I suppose with no rent etc its worth it! Tha. U smile

prh47bridge Fri 06-Sep-13 22:28:56

I presume the company will take the line that he is acting as caretaker, in which case there is no council tax (or any other tax) to be paid and he does not need an SIA license.

DownstairsMixUp Fri 06-Sep-13 18:44:30


My friend works for a small business and recently has been kicked out so is looking for somewhere to stay. The company have said he can move in a campervan on the business premises and he won't need to pay any rent or council tax and can just be security overnight for them as well as what he does in the day.

Anyway my friend is a bit concerned and i can't find much on the internet but this sounds a bit dodgy? Surely if they let people live on the site they have to declare it to the local council and have the person pay council tax? And if they are security surely he'd expected to have an sia license as i thought that is what you need now to do any security work? Obviously my friend did think it was all too good to be true but am i completely wrong or are the company wrong? what laws are being broken aside from council tax evasion?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now