Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

will social services get involved

(4 Posts)
jamroll Thu 29-Aug-13 22:54:39

Hello, I have a problem with my partner. I want to log a report about domestic abuse with the police. These are blackmails and threats only under my address. What happens is my partner is ill and everytime we have an argument or a discussion he says I put him under so much stress he has to go to the police. I asked him to leave one evening as I do not have any more strength to deal with him and he said that in this case he will get me arrested for domestic violence as apparently he has photos of bruises I gave him which is not true I mean me beating him up. It's guilt trips blackmailing and threats. What really got me was that he said that once I get arrested my daughter will be taken away from me. I share equal custody with her dad so she's not his child. There has never been any risk for my daughter as the threats are verbal. The arguments only hapoen when she's I away from home. I want to go to the police and log in a report to be on a safe side but does ut mean the social services will get involved? ? I'm desperate for him to just leave but his threats drove me into fearing actioning it. After arguments I try to smooth it out because I don't want trouble abd thenwwe're back to him being nice but I cannot stand it anymore. Let me just mention hus an occupant rather than a tennant. I don't want to chuck him out ad he had a mild stroke three months ago but only today was I called worsee then a dog. Please advice

ihearsounds Thu 29-Aug-13 23:01:56

Kick him out. Why the feck are you with a wanker of a man. Actually, no he isn't even a man.

I think the police have better things to do than deal with adults that want to act like children and involve them in all their spats. When you and him are wasting their time, real crimes are carried out.

honey86 Sat 31-Aug-13 21:59:37

bumped for you op thanks

deakymom Fri 06-Sep-13 16:12:51

report him to the police as it is classed as abuse and throw him out he is no good for you and i know you say its never around your daughter but if he carries out his threats you will get into trouble does your ex know the situation is he helpful? could he look after your child while you boot him out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now