Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Apply to court for Form E financial disclosure

(3 Posts)
Frustratedandupset Tue 27-Aug-13 18:00:05

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost for me to apply to the court for a form E for financial disclosure? My stbxh solicitor doesn't want to give me the last 12 months bank statements because for half of that time he was receiving pay from work (he is on long term sick and has been since January. They first asked me for 12 months' financial information in June and now they only want to supply information from January this year. I think it may be best if I apply to court for full disclosure (form E). Does anyone have any comments?

mumblechum1 Wed 28-Aug-13 00:21:31

There is no such thing as an application to force him to file a Form E. What you need to do, if you're getting nowhere with voluntary disclosure is to file a Form A (application for the court to get involved, essentially), and pay the filing fee of about £240.

The disadvantage that you need to be aware of is that if you filed a form A tomorrow, the court would issue standard directions including one that he files his form E (inc 12 months statements) by early/Mid October, which may not work in your favour.

Frustratedandupset Wed 28-Aug-13 20:31:44

Many thanks for responding mumblechum1 I think I'll just keep asking for his solicitor to forward the 12 months worth of statements from June when they first asked me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now