Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

can anyone offer any advice please

(6 Posts)
caringmummy2013 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:32:20

Two of his family members have been told not to have contact with my little one due to alcohol and domestic violence issues as part of the court pcase. However the court is allowing now for my little one to be taken to my ex's house and they trusting my ex to not allow these members to go to the house when my little one is there. I have no way of knowing if he is allowing them access or not. He also lied saying he does not have contact with another family member who has criminal convictions of nature that should not have contact but getting proof would be difficult.

caringmummy2013 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:25:22

I do but dont have proof My little one has an inhaler as reacts badly when has viral infections but also noted when around anyone who has smoked so my ex told by court not to smoke around him. Last contact he was returned to me wheezing, coughing and smelling of smoke but my ex made excuse was someone else not him and even accused me of taking him near a smoker before going to the contact which I would never do. Social services say can't do anything until he has seriously injured my little one and then limited powers depending on the court judge.

wellcoveredsparerib Sun 25-Aug-13 17:53:27

Do you believe your child is at risk of harm from your ex and his family? if so, do you have any proof?

caringmummy2013 Sun 25-Aug-13 15:54:06

Verbally but not physical in way that could prove. My little one was result of his abuse but I cannot prove it as he is constantly trying to say im mental and people cannot therefore take what happened to me into consideration in court according to solicitor he is likely then to get overall custody as he has a top solicitor who is renowned for getting kids off their mothers. I have been told I cannot video my little one before contact as in court can say I am going against my child's rights and be seen as mentally unstable by doing it even though social care when I spoke to them advised videoing.

anna891 Thu 22-Aug-13 12:30:40

Has he been violent towards you or your child. Difficult situation.
Emotional abuse is so hard to prove.
My ex was abusive, when I look back I wish I'd videoed him as proof.
If he is verbally abusive could you try and record him?

caringmummy2013 Wed 21-Aug-13 13:50:08

My ex has access at a contact centre fortnightly. He has taken me to court to get his entire family access and to take my baby every weekend from Friday night until sunday. The court have changed contact to include his sister who I do not agree should have access they also extended amount of time and changed to unsupervised which gives time for my ex to take our baby to his family and return in time for end of session. His solicitor has now sent an email to mine stating that my ex believes I have mental health problems when I dont and got backing of cafcass and the contact centre who I feel given their inaccurate reports dislike me. Background is he emotionally abused me but his family are saying otherwise and I have no witnesses. I feel my child is at risk of abuse but no one appears to want to help and social services wont give me a worker as say they have no concerns im a good mum and my job to keep my child safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now