Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

interested for a friend access hearing

(12 Posts)
NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 26-Jul-13 18:20:58

family court problems with access.
parent a hasn't see child for nearly a year
hearing next week
caffcass (sp?) have been involved

how long will it take.. will it be likely that more than one hearing or decision based on the info that day

any ideas

ImNotBloody14 Fri 26-Jul-13 18:25:25

Well you havent really given enough info for anyone to be able to answer your questions.

STIDW Fri 26-Jul-13 18:49:48

It depends on the type of hearing and whether it is a review or contested final hearing.

Lackedpunchesforever Fri 26-Jul-13 19:19:24

Why hasn't the parent seen the child?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 26-Jul-13 20:44:38

the parent hasn't seen the child as access has been denied on arranged dates.

sorry for being vague, it is so close to the hearing I don't want anyone to recognise themselves. My friend is the dad who has been refused access.

ImNotBloody14 Fri 26-Jul-13 20:47:52

Well his solicitor will be able to advise him what should happen and how long it might take. Tell him to ask them.

ImNotBloody14 Fri 26-Jul-13 20:48:53

Ah ive just realised he doesnt know you are asking so you arent asking on his behalf. Why are you asking?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 26-Jul-13 20:52:23

I am asking as I don't want to go down the pom pom route of Yay you will be able to see your child soon if in reality it could still take alot of time.

ImNotBloody14 Fri 26-Jul-13 20:56:49

Surely you wouldnt be doing that til he told you it was happening confused

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 26-Jul-13 20:58:13

ok ok I will go away.. I have been totally straight.. no hidden agenda
I just wanted to get it right..

<wanders off to boil head>

ImNotBloody14 Fri 26-Jul-13 21:01:55

confused

Lackedpunchesforever Fri 26-Jul-13 21:44:12

At a guess, you've met a new bloke who hasn't seen his child for a year ? The reasons WHY he hasn't seen that child are very relevant when considering how long the process may take. Has there been any violence or abuse ? Has he been through mediation ? What has his solicitor told him ? How big a discrepancy is there between what he wants in terms of contact and what his Ex wants?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: