Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

child contact application by ex-boyfriend

(7 Posts)
lucab2 Tue 23-Jul-13 21:28:01

An idiot ex boyfriend has lied on an application to the court to try and get contact with my children.

He is not the father and has no PR or legal rights.

He is purely motivated by revenge as I finished the relationship.

Can I get this thrown out?

tanfastic Tue 23-Jul-13 21:29:56

There is no legal aid for this type of work now, is he acting in person? The fee for such an application is a couple of hundred quid. He must have money to burn if he's not the father.

honey86 Tue 23-Jul-13 21:30:32

hed prob need to do a dna test before he gets any rights. if it proves hes not the father i most certainly doubt he'll get any contact, n just waste his money n make himself look like a spoon.

tanfastic Tue 23-Jul-13 21:31:21

How long were you together? Does your child think he's the dad? Need more info.

3xcookedchips Wed 24-Jul-13 16:55:51

Excellent - what a twat!

Have you actually been served with the papers?

If you ever get to court you'll have the pleasure of embarrassing him in front of the judge. 'Err, why is this other mans name on the birth certificate...'. Appreciate the thought of that might be quite daunting. I'm sure he has to show mediation has been attempted so he wont have the documentation for that. ignore him in the meantime - he'll hate it.

Aquamildred Wed 24-Jul-13 17:23:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babybarrister Thu 25-Jul-13 08:22:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now