Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Convicted sex offender abroad

(6 Posts)
Footle Thu 18-Jul-13 20:05:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WestmorlandSausage Thu 18-Jul-13 20:07:47

sorry, there may be absolutely nothing you can do. It depends on the rules of that country regarding registration.

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 18-Jul-13 20:11:19

So the legal process here has completed?

There may be a way that you can contact the country abroad and alert them to his conviction, but it may be that the laws of the country/registration as an osteopath there mean his conviction is irrelevant. It's difficult to advise without knowing the country.

While I admire the way your son has responded, it may be worth getting him further help to deal with the way that the legal process concluded. Clearly your son feels like it was inadequate, and it may be that he struggles to come to terms with not being able to do anything else. Talking about it with a therapist could avoid the temptation for outing him online or any type of vigilante action, which although understandable, could get your son into trouble.

babybarrister Thu 18-Jul-13 21:22:23

You will have to inform the disciplinary body of the other EU state. I would rather suspect that they would be interested as most regulatory bodies would ask about convictions in general ... Why not contact the UK osteopaths body and ask them for assistance?

Footle Fri 19-Jul-13 00:08:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Footle Fri 19-Jul-13 09:13:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now