Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

My parents taking my children abroad without me or DH

(7 Posts)
betterthanever Fri 12-Jul-13 11:00:18

This thread has been very useful as my DS is being taken on holiday by grandparents this summer - must also remember to write letter of consent.

motherofsnortpigs Fri 12-Jul-13 06:48:08

<adds write consent letter to the list>

prh47bridge Fri 12-Jul-13 00:10:54

Agree with Branleuse but get your DH to sign the letter as well. There are increasing reports of countries refusing to let children in without evidence that they are travelling with the consent of everyone with PR. Some people on here have reported problems getting back into the UK without such a letter. It may not be necessary but it can't do any harm to have the letter.

Branleuse Thu 11-Jul-13 23:35:41

a letter with your name address and signature, saying that you authorise your parents to take them out of the country on these dates

motherofsnortpigs Thu 11-Jul-13 23:28:44

My two Dds are going to Spain with my parents and will just be taking passports. That's all dd2 took last year and she travelled fine.

Sorry. Crap grammar. Must sleep.

eightytwenty Thu 11-Jul-13 23:28:36

Watching with interest as we're in the same boat as of Wednesday. Was debating staying for check in, and will also write a letter of consent.

BerkshireMum Thu 11-Jul-13 23:26:18

My parents are going on holiday to France from the UK with my sister, BiL and their three girls. They've offered to take my two DC which is great - both DH and I are delighted.

What paperwork, other than passports, will they need to demonstrate that we have given our permission?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now