Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Financial agreement with my ex

(4 Posts)
glitternanny Mon 13-May-13 21:22:41

I need to write a document for me and my ex to sign for the money he owes me.

He needs to pay me £270 per month until September 2014

And fulfil the financial contracts for his mobile/mobile internet and laptop until they are completed or the contracts are ended.

I need to sign to say I'll sign the car over to him on completetion of his payments for it in September 2013 and if stops paying me for his car before then I have the right to sell it and deduct what he owes me (and any costs - i.e. fixing dents/etc) before giving him anything that's left. If this is less that what's owed then... erm.. dunno

Can anyone point me in the right direction please I'm stuck and want it to be able to stand up n small claims if he doesn't carry on paying.


Child support has been agreed privately but if I get 1 more issue I'll take it through CSA

Xenia Tue 14-May-13 09:22:33

You could write it out in very clear English, date it and both sign it. That is what a lawyer would do for you.Whatever it said however if you still have a divorce and its finances to finalise the court might order something different on the divorce financial order.

Also get him to set up a regular standing order as that is likely to mean that the £270 a month comes to you each month.

mumblechum1 Tue 14-May-13 14:32:15

It depends whether you're married or not. If so, the Matrimonial Causes Act will apply.

glitternanny Tue 14-May-13 19:43:46

Hi thanks for the ideas - we aren't married so that should make things easier I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: