Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Statement of Information

(6 Posts)
MatchsticksForMyEyes Sat 11-May-13 20:58:38

I am at the stage in my divorce of filling this in. From the look of it my ex will see the figures I put. If I include the housing benefit that I am currently claiming as I have a private rent and my tax credits my income will be £300 more than his.
I know this will make him angry about the fact he is paying me the amount of cm that he is. Yet in Sept DS will get his funding, so my tax credits will go down and also once the divorce is through I will be buying my own place, so will no longer claim HB. What do I do?

Fuckwittery Sat 11-May-13 22:33:19

can you just write "housing benefit" and dont put the figure,
im a divorce lawyer and unless his lawyer insists on knowing the figure, fairly sure it would go through fine
he will see the form yes

i write better with punctuation and everything when im at work and not on ipad btw

NumTumDeDum Sat 11-May-13 23:09:08

Housing benefit is not income for the purposes of the form. Do not include it at all. Your income is your tax credits and your salary if you are working or income support if you are claiming.

MatchsticksForMyEyes Sun 12-May-13 07:44:31

Thank you both. I will leave it off then. Do I include child benefit?

Fuckwittery Sun 12-May-13 08:12:27

i do tend to write on all benefits but again you could do so without figures

NumTumDeDum Sun 12-May-13 10:05:31

Yes include the child benefit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: