Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Consumer Rights regarding contract phone..

(5 Posts)
MrsKSeveride Fri 10-May-13 15:45:22

Hi,
I upgraded my contract in October with 3. Everything was fine with new phone to begin with, then issues started. Battery would drain from 100% to dead in a matter of seconds, would switch back on but would only have 10% battery. Cannot view photo's on phone. Applications cut out or open on their own etc etc.
So I phoned 3 to arrange a repair/replacement bearing in mind the phone is less than 6 months old when I first rang. They told me that they are not obliged to supply me with a replacement phone and that a repair can take up to two weeks. Normally I would live with this, but I use my phone for work and it takes a mini sim. I know you can get something to convert it but its a pain in the arse trying to get it sorted.
Person on the phone told me if I went into my "local" store they would provide me with a service phone to use, got to store (20 miles away) and was told that wasn't policy in case I didn't return they're £10 fecking phone!
Basically I want to know if 3 have to provide me with a phone. I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting so technically they're not keeping up their end of the contract right?

MrsKSeveride Fri 10-May-13 18:37:46

Bump. X

RedHelenB Sat 11-May-13 05:45:07

Who makes the phone? Surely it should be under warranty if it's only 6 months old?

RedHelenB Sat 11-May-13 05:46:33

I've just read the bit about the replacement phone & I think they're right. If your washing machine broke you wouldn't get another one to use while you waited for repairs would you? Could you not go back to using your old phone whilst waiting for the repair?

MrsKSeveride Sat 11-May-13 09:14:03

Sold my old phone, plus I would have to go and buy a SIM adapter and a cheap phone to use. I just feel like I'm paying them for a service I'm not receiving.
Ahh it's so annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now