Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Vehicular access to house

(3 Posts)
getoffthecoffeetable Tue 07-May-13 18:25:58

Our house is an ex council terraced house, set back from the road with a small area of grass in between the houses and the road.
When we looked at the property the seller said there'd been a petition to get vehicular access down to the houses but that he hadn't heard anything since.
The grassy area has wooden fencing around it but it has enough space on both sides of the area to get cars down it, some of our neighbours drive down and park either in the front garden or on the grass.
Our neighbour put together a petition two years ago and lodged it with the council requesting proper access. This has already been done on the street next to ours.
The council failed to put the petition on their agenda and then wouldn't put it on the month afterwards because it was about to be handover and they can't commit to expenditure.
I've chased up a response to the petition this year but have been told the council aren't agreeing to any expenditure as they've already overspent. As far as I know, it's still never been discussed.
Is there anything that can be done? We're looking to sell our house and all buyers have said they'd buy it if there was proper access to park outside the house.
Thanks

RedHelenB Sat 11-May-13 05:49:57

I doubt it - it's obviously not a priority for the council right now. Where do you park the car now?

RedHelenB Sat 11-May-13 05:50:46

But you will still be able to sell your house at the right price - that won't be an issue for everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now