Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Respondent hearing about Decree Nisi before Petitioner.

(4 Posts)
CremeEggThief Sun 05-May-13 18:50:38

Yesterday, my STBXH told me he had received a letter from the court almost a week ago, setting a date for what I'm presuming is the decree nisi. This date is less than a week away from today.

This was the first I'd heard of it! Surely, as the petitioner, I should have had this information before he did???

The court is in my local area and he lives about 260 miles away. Can anyone advise what has happened here?

Thanks in Advance.

mumblechum1 Mon 06-May-13 22:25:54

It probably just got lost in the post. The court sends both notices out at the same time. Otherwise, if you have a solicitor it will have gone to them and they may not have got round to sending you a copy yet.

You don't attend the DN hearing anyway, it's just a formality.

Just call the court or your solicitors and ask for a copy.

CremeEggThief Mon 06-May-13 23:00:17

Thanks mumblechum. I'll give my solicitor a call tomorrow. It's just annoying that he had the information first, but I suppose it's just one of those things.

CremeEggThief Tue 07-May-13 16:57:15

Seems my letter was lost in the post. The secretary is sending me another copy this evening.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: