Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Any conveyancing solicitors around? Neighbour disputes.

(10 Posts)
needadvice2013 Tue 16-Apr-13 00:30:50

Hi, just after a bit of advice please.

We are selling our house and have recently been irritated by our neighbour.

I phoned the council to ask advice. They logged my call and gave me a reference number but I did not escalate to a complaint. They were going to send out log files for me to fill in and submit but these have not arrived.

Do I have to declare this as a dispute on the seller pack?A dispute is defined as an arguement or disagreement, neither of these have happened.

Thanks in advance

Contradictionincarnate Tue 16-Apr-13 00:39:33

yes ... you should declare anything that could be seen as a dispute ... to avoid any unnecessary delays I would also advise you to give us much information as possible. think what would you want to know if you were the buyer. (I am a licensed conveyancer).

needadvice2013 Tue 16-Apr-13 01:04:02

What if the issue was to be resolved amicably by my asking them to stop and them agreeing?

I don't want to risk the sale but I also don't want to be sued. I'm trying to establish where the line is if you like.

RedHelenB Tue 16-Apr-13 14:00:50

Has the situation been resolved & is it likely to reoccur & annoy new neighbours?

needadvice2013 Tue 16-Apr-13 15:24:43

It could annoy someone else if they are similar to me and if the neighbour forgets how the behaviour affects others.

RedHelenB Tue 16-Apr-13 18:02:43

In that case it needs to definitely go in the sellers pack to avoid any possible comeback.

needadvice2013 Tue 16-Apr-13 20:53:56

Ok thank you smile

Let's hope they don't pull out of the sale.

SuedeEffectPochette Tue 16-Apr-13 21:06:35

Whilst i would not advocate fibbing in the preliminary enquiries, the remedy for a buyer who finds out that you did fib (after they have purchased) is to sue you for misrepresentation. The "loss" is the difference in value, if any, between a house with a minor neighbour problem and one without. Quite hard to quantify IMO. Of course, the best thing to do is not to make any sort of recorded complaint if you are intending to sell. Too late for you I know.......sorry.

needadvice2013 Wed 17-Apr-13 09:18:38

That's why I was somewhat confused because I haven't complained or even had an arguement with the neighbour. I phoned the council to ask advice, I wish I hadn't now! smile

Hansard Fri 19-Apr-13 22:42:59

Yes. The issue with your neighbour will have to be declared in Section 2 (Disputes and Complaints) of a Form TA6. Failure to disclose ALL relevant information could lead to legal action against you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: