Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

How long to get to court?

(3 Posts)
Pamelad18 Sun 14-Apr-13 13:56:31

Ex went to mediation beginning of Jan this year with a view to starting court proceedings for contact with DD but since then I've heard nothing. Any idea when I may be called up to court or if he isn't going to bother will I find out?

MOSagain Sun 14-Apr-13 14:55:10

If he had issued an application for Contact then you would have been served with copies of the application and date of hearing. (Court would have posted papers to you). You can therefore assume that he has not issued as yet. You would get a reasonable amount of notice (normally at least a month or so unless an emergency application).

MrsBertBibby Fri 19-Apr-13 19:17:18

The court generally send papers for service to the applicant, so if he doesn't realise he has to send them to you, you may not know.

If he makes an application, however, the Court sends a set to CAFCASS (Child & Family Court Advisory & Support Service) and they in addition to doing background checks with police & social services will try to get hold of you to find out what your position is, so if they haven't written to you, or called, he probably hasn't issued.

No-one tells you if he doesn't bother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now