Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Violent and DANGEROUS xpartner applied for access.

(8 Posts)
shockedmum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:04:15

Hello My violent ex partner applied for access to our child and i dont know what to do.

I have been on the run from this man 3 years, i have moved house 7 times due to the dv and harrastment.

I also was unable to apply for non mol due to finding out that my ex partner used an alias during relationship hense now our child is not registered under his name but under a alias.

He is like a proper con artist.

The name he took me to court with i didnt even know prior i knew him as someone else.

And the police have said he has like 80 different aliases and my child will have live with a fake name.

But my main concern is that he is mentally abusive to my child he brings her down to somewhat control her instead of lifting her up also he due to cultural reason he want to have my daughter circumsized which is female genital mutulation and has arranged a marriage for her to one of his relatives. he has also tried kidnapping her and sends people to continuously harrass me so i had to change our childs school and the ppl he send were given harrastment warnings.

He has somehow confinced the courts i was an unfit parent and due to me being absent from court due not being aware of it as the court papers were served on the wrong adress he got it.

And i had letters from ss and the child school saying he is the danger and i am a fit parent so now the I am waiting for the report to be completed and it will include a fact finding mission like police records school records family etc etc.

I am so shocked and confused because i presumed with the proven history this would be a clear no contact case yet the ss worker writing the section 37 and fact finding says courts frown upon that and it is the childs best interest to see the father.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Chocotrekkie Fri 12-Apr-13 11:12:26

Good Solicitor - ASAP...

HeySoulSister Fri 12-Apr-13 11:13:05

Yes this is true. But you have got records to back all this up, its likely to be supervised contact. I got zero contact tho as ex kept messing round and not turning up for court, and was being violent to other women.

It wasn't easy, but cafcass persuaded the judge so got an order for no contact and no further applications without leave of court

shockedmum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:32:01

I have a solicitor she said she will decide what orders we should go for when the section 37 and background check is final.

I have records of this.

The thing is the court asked a social worker to write the reports so i dont know when cafcass will get involved or if they will ever.

How did you go about getting a no contact order and proving it.

HeySoulSister Fri 12-Apr-13 11:35:33

I didn't have to prove anything, he kept applying and not turning up... So that alone looked like he wasn't serious.... Then he was abusing women so this was brought to the courts attention

Cafcass report was key.... Got a section 91(14) I think it was

shockedmum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:37:32

Ok, I hope there will be cafcass involved some time soon so i wooooooooooooo them lol

bequiasweet Fri 12-Apr-13 11:56:53

Hoping this statement from the NHS about the crime of female genital mutilation may be helpful to you.
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/sexual-health-services/Documents/fgm-declaration.pdf

shockedmum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:56:55

i am just confused with the whole process who do i give my evidences to. i will speak to my solicitors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now