Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Proof of sole parental responsibility

(3 Posts)
Oneforward2back Thu 11-Apr-13 01:03:05

Hi am hoping someone can give me advice on this. I'm taking my 3 children on holiday for 2 weeks to Canada this year and from what I've read they're very hot on this when children entering the country with only one parent. I don't have any contact with their dad and haven't for several years so am very reluctant to try and track him down to gain his permission especially as all of the children were born pre 2003 and therefore I have sole parental responsibility for them. He is however named on their birth certificates. They all have my surname although the oldest had her name legally changed when she was a baby ( so her passport is the same name as me) is there anyway I can prove this without visiting a solicitor that will satisfy the legal requirements. I'm really worried that they will refuse us entry without something in writing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Collaborate Thu 11-Apr-13 06:05:14

Check out the Canadian Embassy website. Don't know if your answer's there but it's worth a try.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Thu 11-Apr-13 21:49:10

I went to Canada with my DD and was all prepared with a letter from DH and a copy of his passport but I wasn't asked at all.

Can you get a statement witnessed by a solicitor? They charged me £5 to do this in another matter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: