Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

I didn't get served with papers...

(3 Posts)
LizaTarbucksAuntie Wed 03-Apr-13 17:02:50

Ex has gone to family court not an ex-partie application

He was looking to vary the contact order

The first I've heard of it was getting a Court Order through the post.

I realise I should have been served and I have contacted the Court (by phone then emailed them as requested)

What happens when you don't get papers served?


mumblechum1 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:47:36

You can file an application to set aside the order on the grounds that you were not aware of the aplication.

so has the court actually made the variation as requested?

LizaTarbucksAuntie Fri 05-Apr-13 06:29:52

Thanks mumblechum

I rang the court to find out what was going on and eventually found out that the Court hadn't sent me the all papers I was supposed to get. It seems the Judge didn't grant permission for a hearing so just made an order based on the application.

It appears to be more than mostly in my favour though - but a massive shock when I thought there had been a hearing I hadn't been told about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: