Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

I have a compensation claim going through...

(5 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Mon 25-Mar-13 13:17:05

For a car accident and its being handled by a litigation executive. That's not a lawyer is it?

I can't find this persons name on any database for lawyers either.

Does this mean poor service?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 25-Mar-13 13:20:15

Doesn't mean you'll get poor service, I think its probably fairly standard. A lot of claims will be delt with by a claims handler at the firm, there will be some lawyers at the firm overseeing all the claims, someone who can sort stuff out if it gets complicated. But most claims are fairly straightforward.

At least this has been my experience.

fedupwithdeployment Mon 25-Mar-13 13:21:27

Personally I would run a mile from people offering that type of service. I can't speak whether you will get poor service, but you don't tend to hear good things.

If you have a serious claim, I would consult a lawyer. If you don't, I woudn't bother.

The fact that a paralegal is handling your matter isn't necessarily a problem - you get some fantastic paralegals...but are they working for a reputable firm would be my question.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 25-Mar-13 13:43:19

On her e-mails she saves letters to me as "letterwrotetofcl77" not letter Written..

I'm not much of a pedant but it makes my eyes hurt.

bakingaddict Mon 25-Mar-13 13:52:31

Sounds like fancy speak for a paralegal. Most small claims in the low thousands are typically run by paralegals. Again most of these claims direct type operations just process your claim and then pass them on to law firms. I dont think they actually run them themselves but act as an intermediary and charge the law firms for bringing them cases

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now