Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Accountant help - cash in bank - boNa vacantia

(2 Posts)
theressomethingaboutmarie Sat 23-Mar-13 03:45:06

Morning.i closed DH's company last year as he was no longer self-employed. Did not realise that you had to close bank account first. Bank have told us that we have to administrative,y restore company (closed at our request so not sure we can) or try to get cash from Bona VacantiaMorning.

I have no accounting knowledge and am panicking. We had £354 in that account which, as I am on mat leave, is a hell of a lot of cash to us! What can I doto get the cash back?

MrAnchovy Sat 23-Mar-13 16:34:26

Telephone Companies House and ask them if the company can be "administratively restored". The answer is probably no (because you asked for it to be wound up), but you need to check otherwise the next step will fail. If they say it can be administratively restored, they will point you towards the correct forms and procedure (I have never known Companies House staff to be anything other than knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant to deal with).

Now read this information from the bona vacantia office and download the DG3 form and Statutory Declaration. Complete and return those with the necessary identification documents.

Now the bad news - there is a fixed charge of £200 for the Treasury Solicitor to deal with this which will be deducted from the bank balance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now