Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Medical discloser in court worried!

(8 Posts)
Sassee Sun 03-Mar-13 11:08:35

In the Court I work in the parents solicitor obtains the records and they are sent to the expert only. They would only end up in the court bundle if they were relevant. It's our way of keeping papers relevant and to a minimum.

Perhaps have a chat with your solicitor about who will see them in the first instance.

Hhnsam Thu 28-Feb-13 20:18:02

Im an easily embarrassed person and there are things I'm concerned about like the amount of std checks I've had and a bladder infection I had ect and when I was 15 I had to get my stomach pumped, it sounds silly but I'd be mortified if my ex and his new partner got hold of all my details like that, I'm happy for the judge, guardian, SS to see them but I don't want my private irrelevant history given to anyone else

Fleecyslippers Thu 28-Feb-13 17:02:17

Definately speak to your solicitor - Ex had to disclose re his mental health and the information I have seen related to that alone (I know his medical history and there definately wasn't info about a lot of the issues that weren't relevant)

everynameistaken Thu 28-Feb-13 16:06:25

yep. she does.

cumfy Thu 28-Feb-13 15:59:22

Seriously every, even the guardian will get a full copy of OP's medical notes ?

everynameistaken Thu 28-Feb-13 15:52:08

cumfy all parents get funding for these cases.

In relation to the medical history, it sounds like it's your GP notes they are requesting, and it will include everything. Unfortunately, it then forms part of the Court bundle. The Court will get a copy as will the LA (and by extension the SW) and the guardian and the guardian's solicitor. Raise your objections with your solicitor though and see what she can do.

cumfy Thu 28-Feb-13 14:32:51

You should be represented in a situation like this.

See CAB if you are not.
Or you could ask the court directly to authorise legal aid so that you can be properly legally advised.

Basically though this is information that should only be going to the judge not their side.

Hhnsam Thu 28-Feb-13 14:13:06

I'm fighting in court for my child to return home to my care, he is on an interem care order and my ex partner..ds father is on my side although he attends for contact with my daughter, the court have requested a medical disclosure which I'm happy to disclose regarding my PND ect but will it bring up private irrelivent medical problems or just what the court deem nescercery, I have some very embarrassing problems in the past I don't want my partner or ex partner to see and I'm so nervous my whole history will be there in black and white for all to see

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now