Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Interm care order social services blackmail

(6 Posts)
Hhnsam Wed 06-Feb-13 15:35:58

Any advice from anyone suffering similar? I have two children a daughter aged 4 and a son aged 20 months, I was with my ex partner for 4 years and he has over ten domestic violence offenses against him to me, I threw him out when my son was born, since then I married a new partner and suffered very severe depression and have a few times has to seek help at hospital, in September 2012 I agreed my daughter goes to a family member on a temporary basis and I was threatened by social services that although they had no concerns about my sons care, if I tried to get my daughter back they will start pre proceedings on my son. I never signed the section 20 for my daughter and today I withdrew my consent for my daughter to remain with the family member and I want her back... Social services have started court proceedings for both my children even though neither child has suffered and harm and I've done everything they have courses ect... They have no reason as to why my daughter cannot return other than my depression could spiral out of control again even though I'm recovered, ... Now they are applying for a interm care order for my son even though by their own admission he is a healthy happy well loved child in no risk of harm but their excuse is that they can't take one child to court without the other

greeneyed Thu 07-Feb-13 08:22:05

Sorry have no advice just wanted to bump for you, also wondering if this could be in another area for more replies?

Hhnsam Thu 07-Feb-13 11:11:07

Thank you, and I am new to this site.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Feb-13 15:43:02

Hi there,

We have moved this over to legal now, hopefully folks will be able to give you some advice.

Good luck OP

Hhnsam Thu 07-Feb-13 16:52:38

Thank you

Collaborate Thu 07-Feb-13 17:10:25

You are entitled to non-means and non-merits tested legal aid. Google "law society find a solicitor" and check the search individual solicitor button. Put in your postcode and find someone on the children panel.
Pm me where you are and I might be able to recommend someone near you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now