Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

McKenzies Friend - recommendation for Herts area please.

(5 Posts)
jules3004 Thu 03-Jan-13 14:38:16

I need to defend a court claim where my ex is trying to force the sale of our house where I live with our 2 children. I'm not entitled to legal aid and cannot afford a solicitor.

I recently found out about McKenzies friends and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for the Hertfordshire area?

Many thanks.

cestlavielife Thu 03-Jan-13 15:48:57

are you married and who owns the house ?

cestlavielife Thu 03-Jan-13 15:51:10

ah seen your other thread - in this case you really need a legal expert not just a hand holder.... or get some money for a consult with a barrister and then get a mcK friend to hold your hand ... which could be anyone eg a good friend for moral support

cestlavielife Thu 03-Jan-13 15:53:09

beware of "profressional" mckenzie friends who charge you - money is better spent on a proper legal person . unless you have friends who are barristers and can help you then think carefully who you get to come to court...

babybarrister Fri 04-Jan-13 21:35:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: