Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Children custody question

(13 Posts)
madgered Wed 02-Jan-13 19:35:54

my husband is insisting on 50/50 custody of my children. he wants me to keep them during the week and him to have them at weekends. I don't find this acceptable I want them during the week and alternate weekends. I'm happy for him to see them during the week, as long as he brings them home. Is this going to be a huge problem?

titchy Wed 02-Jan-13 20:24:54

Unlikely! Assuming they're at school during the week it would be very unusual for you I have all the dull school runs tea homework bed and him to have all the fun time. Do either of you work? Call his bluff and offer exact 50/50 - in the form of alternate weeks!

CPtart Wed 02-Jan-13 20:38:25

So he can concentrate fully on his job mon-fri without the hassle of juggling school runs, illness, after school clubs, play dates, half terms etc, and then come weekends play the fun dad??
Doesn't sound fair to me.
And 2 days out of seven isn't a 50/50 split either!

madgered Wed 02-Jan-13 20:41:10

LOL. Phew thank you, nearly had heart failure when he told me that. so green to all this, such a nightmare. so many questions.

madgered Wed 02-Jan-13 20:49:51

he also wants me to move out of the family home and rent somewhere. he works from home - a small recording studio and he says because of that, he cannot move. the house is in his name. we've been here for 13 years. he says his solicitor told him that he will definitely get the house because of that and I will be forced to move. this terrifies me.

should I start a new thread with this one?

ProphetOfDoom Wed 02-Jan-13 20:56:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProphetOfDoom Wed 02-Jan-13 21:01:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wilkos Wed 02-Jan-13 21:01:08

He is talking total shite. My husband started with similiar (to scare me into backing down) when we seperated in February. He was soon put right by both his own solicitor and mine grin

DontYouJingleMyChristingle Wed 02-Jan-13 21:03:43

Don't move out, get a solicitor ASAP.

Doesn't matter if house is in his name you are married and have rights to stay, especially because of the kids.

This isn't the guy with the teenage lover is it?

titchy Wed 02-Jan-13 21:09:59

Assuming the house is owned get yourself registered as having a beneficial interest to stop him selling without your agreement - I think that's what it's Valle anyway- non- lawyer here!

titchy Wed 02-Jan-13 21:10:29

Called not Valle .....

gallicgirl Wed 02-Jan-13 21:22:54

Took a while to find it but there you go.
It means you register an interest in the property as a spouse and your DH can't sell it I think.

madgered Wed 02-Jan-13 22:29:44

No he's not the one with a teenage lover. thank goodness!
I have been registered on the land registry as 'her indoors' so I've got that.
he's pushing my buttons isn't he. gosh I need to wise up.
Thank you so much for reassuring me x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: