Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

reverting to maiden name after divorce - what do I need to do?

(3 Posts)
skyebluesapphire Fri 30-Nov-12 12:34:33

That's the question... I want to revert to my maiden name. I know that I have to contact everybody, but what do I need to provide for them to do that? My business bank account said that just a letter is fine, but that doesnt seem right to me....

I was expecting to have to provide Decree Absolute and Birth Certificate, or do I need to to a Statutory Declaration?

Any advice gratefully received

olgaga Fri 30-Nov-12 12:58:55

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule on this, some organisations will want some proof and others won't. Most organisations know your former name anyway so it will already be in their records - HMRC etc.

I suppose if they want any other proof they'll ask you for it.

Collaborate Fri 30-Nov-12 13:51:50

Usually your decree absolute is all that DVLA, passport agency etc will need to see. Don't send them the original!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now