Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Do I need a solicitor or an accountant to challenge the way the TCO has dealt with our claim?

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 30-Nov-12 09:00:08

It's very long, it's very complicated, it's quite boring - but basically the TCO have stuffed up, fairly big time

I feel that appealing (which we have done twice) with opposite results is pointless - and that they have been wilfully obstructive.

So who do I attack them with a solicitor and accountant or a large slice of lemon wrapped around a gold brick wink

RedHelenB Fri 30-Nov-12 12:52:49

What's TCO???

RedHelenB Fri 30-Nov-12 12:53:03

Tax credits you mean?

KatyMac Fri 30-Nov-12 15:00:31

Tax credit office - yes

Groovee Fri 30-Nov-12 15:04:59

Our accountant sorted it out for us, but it will depend how severe it is as it may be a solicitor.

KatyMac Sat 01-Dec-12 00:09:38

Thanks - I think it's complicated

Bilbobagginstummy Sat 01-Dec-12 00:18:44

the adjudicator can look at complaints, but only if you have exhausted all hmrc complaints process.

Marzipanface Sat 01-Dec-12 00:20:52

I'd go for the Pangalactic gargle blaster option.

KatyMac Sat 01-Dec-12 00:53:29

They made a decsion in 2003 they then looked at it again and changed their minds.
We appealed and our appeal was rejected.

We have now found out that the decision they made was wromg and they are now paying us what we are due. But it can't be backdated because itks 'too late' to change previous years

So them looking at it again, was wrong so was them refusing our appeal

But we now don't know what to do - challenge the first appeal or the recent decision

KatyMac Sat 01-Dec-12 22:33:19

Of course if they were honourable they would fix it now they know they are wrong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now