Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Advice on timescale please?

(3 Posts)
SouthernComforts Thu 22-Nov-12 13:57:26

Well, yes. But she was very vague last time I asked. I know there is no concrete answer but I was hoping someone who might have done this in the past could give me an idea.

Collaborate Thu 22-Nov-12 13:51:23

Don't wish to be unhelpful, but isn't the best person to ask dd's solicitor? Isn't that part of their job? Don't they know a lot more about the facts of her case than we do?

SouthernComforts Thu 22-Nov-12 13:46:31

Hi all.

I won't go into too much detail I'm suing the LL/Letting agency of my old rented house on behalf of my 3 year old dd (via legal aid) for negligence and causing injury to health (not sure if that is the exact term).

This started in March this year. I've been to the solicitor 3 times to give details and evidence and I get occasional letters confirming dd is still eligible for legal aid.

Does anyone have a vague idea how long cases like this take to resolve? I know that might be asking the impossible though!

Also, I havn't heard from her solicitor for a few months, should I be chasing them for an update?


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now