Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Notice of joint severance

(4 Posts)
ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Wed 14-Nov-12 09:51:56

I am in the middle of negotiaiting a transfer of equity from my ex partner to my new partner. I was advised by the wonderful Mumblechum to do a severance of joint tenancy so that he doesn't get my half of the house should anything happen to me in the meantime.

Conincidentally I got the notice from his solicitor last night.

Can I just sign it and send it back? Or do I need to get my solicitor involved. If I ring/email to ask I don't want her to put it on my bill!


Collaborate Wed 14-Nov-12 12:58:51

Just sign and send back. Keep a copy.

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Wed 14-Nov-12 14:23:49

Thank you, it's in the post smile

mumblechum1 Wed 14-Nov-12 16:52:34

Yay, glad that's sorted. Even if you hadn't signed it, your ex's solicitor could have severed it, it's just a different box to tick on the Land Reg form.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: