Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Redundancy, when suspended from work?

(7 Posts)
PinkSoccerMum Wed 07-Nov-12 13:29:34

My DP is currently one of four at risk of redundancy they are due to be told on Monday which one of the four is being made redundant but another one of the 4 has been caught stealing from the company and has been suspended until an investigation is held, can some please advise where that leaves us? Can he still be made redundant? Or will it need to be one of the other 3? Or can they delay the redundancy until the investigation is over? Can anyone offer any advice or thoughts please?

PinkSoccerMum Wed 07-Nov-12 20:35:52

Anybody?

BlackandGold Wed 07-Nov-12 21:17:22

I thought it was the post that was made redundant, not the person.

Do they all do the same job?

PinkSoccerMum Wed 07-Nov-12 22:59:36

Yes they all do the same job so there will be 3 doing the job rather than 4.

Shenanagins Wed 07-Nov-12 23:08:06

Technically they can still notify on Monday as long as they haven't taken the stealing allegations into account - if that individual was the one selected they would want to make sure that this was clear and could back it up he challenged.

however, they may wish to delay until the investigation is complete as if this would lead to termination, if proven, then they would not need to go down the more costly redundancy route.

flowery Thu 08-Nov-12 12:59:28

I would delay in their situation as if they dismiss him for gross misconduct they won't need to make anyone redundant.

But there's no obligation for them either to delay or to exclude him from the process.

PinkSoccerMum Thu 08-Nov-12 13:34:34

Thanks for the answers, my DP has notified of a meeting this afternoon so fingers crosses we will be told more then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now