Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Applying to court - address unknown

(3 Posts)
smiler01 Wed 07-Nov-12 11:27:33

I have a friend who is about to unfortunately start an application to court for contact due to regular weekly contact stopping with no reason from his ex.

His ex has recently moved house and he doesn't know her new address.

Is there anything he can do via the courts to obtain her address, we've tried all obvious ways but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Collaborate Wed 07-Nov-12 12:54:34

Issue the application saying "unknown" for mothers address, then at the first hearing (can aask the judge to bring this forward as there's no one to serve it on) the court can order that the DWP if she's on benefits or the CSA or HMRC disclose to the court (not your friend) the address. The court will then post it to her.

Alternatively for around £50 you can find out where most people live in this country (legally may I hasten to add).

STIDW Wed 07-Nov-12 12:55:01

He can apply to court for the address to be disclosed - form C4.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: