Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CSA

(9 Posts)
Insuchamess Mon 05-Nov-12 12:06:02

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post. I have a question re CSA?

Does my income get taken into account for the calculation of CSA payments to my husbands ex wife?

Many thanks x

prh47bridge Mon 05-Nov-12 12:10:08

No. The calculation is entirely based on his salary. Yours would only be taken into account if he had his own business and was paying you as a way of hiding some of his pay.

Insuchamess Mon 05-Nov-12 12:31:44

Thanks.

My husband does have his own business but I don't work for him. His ex wife keep threatening to go to the CSA (they have a private agreement) as she now believes CSA monies are awarded on the household income x

STIDW Mon 05-Nov-12 12:54:30

Sometimes there is confusion because people get information from someone who is on the first CSA scheme or read old leaflets. A new partners income is taken into account under CSA1 for cases started before March 2003.

NotaDisneyMum Tue 06-Nov-12 07:32:20

OP - if your household is receiving Child Tax Credit - even for DCs who live with you but are not your DPs, - this will be assessed by the CSA as part of your DPs income.
If you get Working Tax Credit as a household, that will also be assessed as part of your DPs income if he is the primary earner.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Tue 06-Nov-12 07:39:56

Whether your income is taken into account will depend on the age of your DH's DC with his Ex-Wife. If they are 10 or older, and the case was started before May 2003, your income will be taken into account. If the case was started AFTER that point, then regardless of how old your SDC is, unless your DH is hiding income by paying you from his business, then your income won't be taken into account.

As she doesn't have an open case (unless they do, and it's on Maintenance Direct, which means that the CSA assess, but your DH pays directly to his Ex-Wife), your income shouldn't be taken into account.

But it might be worth checking that it isn't a CS1 case being paid on Maintenance Direct. That's one of the few ways that your income would be taken into account if she went to the CSA.

Insuchamess Tue 06-Nov-12 07:41:45

Thanks for the replies. We don't receive any tax credits even tho I think we maybe entitled to some (wouldn't know where to start).

I think it's just a threat but as he pays 25% of his monthly income to her I don't the CSA ask him to pay more x

Insuchamess Tue 06-Nov-12 07:49:31

They have never been through the CSA all agreed privately at the time of divorce 7 years ago, my husband has been giving her 25% of his income each month since then. The children are 10 and 9.

ihearsounds Tue 06-Nov-12 07:56:50

Let her go csa if she wants. Based on having 2 children, she would get less as they say 20% of net income for 2 children wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now