Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

how do i go about choosing a solicitor?

(8 Posts)
jumpingb Fri 26-Oct-12 14:29:09

i've got a shortlist of a few who are near where i live... but how do i go about picking the one to get my will written. are there websites with reviews of different solicitors perhaps (perhaps by people who've used their services)? it's not like going out and buying a new sweater, is it?

babybarrister Fri 26-Oct-12 14:45:57

Mumblechum on here has v good will writing service

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 26-Oct-12 14:58:31

Mumblechum swift well organised service. I would recommend her.

jumpingb Fri 26-Oct-12 15:29:51

would probably like to go to a local one. thank you though

ClareMarriott Fri 26-Oct-12 15:56:55

There is, of course , the option of picking up a will at WH Smiths , completing it and having it signed by two independent witnesses.

sittinginthesun Fri 26-Oct-12 16:01:35

Word of mouth - ask your friends. Most of my clients are from recommendations.

Collaborate Fri 26-Oct-12 16:16:58

Do please get a DIY pack. Nothing works better for solicitors than billing £1000s to sort out an estate with a wrongly drawn will, as compared to the pittance we receive for drawing up a bespoke professional document.

grin

MOSagain Fri 26-Oct-12 16:21:50

LOL at Collaborate I have to agree entirely though. DIY wills are a risk I would just never take. It is worth spending a few hundred pounds getting a will drafted that will be valid and set out your intentions correctly.

I would also recommend Mumblechum (see paid for advert in small businesses - classified) You don't have to have someone close to you for wills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now