Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Step after 'Enforcing Judgement' issue w/ Builder

(3 Posts)
redcat453 Wed 24-Oct-12 09:36:51

Our builder has walked off the job and left us with a leaking roof on a loft conversion. We only had a small final amount to pay him. We've had to get new contractors in to correct his errors (this has cost us thousands) We're hoping to take the dodgy builder to the small claims court to try and get some money off him.

I've done a bit of research into this and it seems that the court isn't really in our favour! angry I've found out where he lives and he currently has 2 CCJ's. This puts me off trying to take him to court if people have already tried unsuccessfully. If we did take him to court and he refused we could try to 'enforce the judgement' which provides a few options but what happens after that if that doesn't work? Any help/ advice would be great.

I'm so mad about this - he had a previous company that was dissolved a few years ago, he's obviously set this one up now and will continue to rip people off sad

I'm obviously going to name and shame him where I can but it would be good if we could get some money back.

Thanks in advance.

Collaborate Wed 24-Oct-12 11:23:11

Look at this

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/enforce-a-judgment

redcat453 Wed 24-Oct-12 13:16:05

Thank you Collaborate! If I go down the route of those (sending Bailiffs, freeze assets etc) am I guaranteed to get my money back? I just want to be prepared incase he knows the system and knows how to wriggle out of paying. He probably knows all the tricks if he's been in this situation before! angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now