Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

child sex abuse, how do i find court ruling?

(4 Posts)
addictedisback Wed 10-Oct-12 17:35:34

Firstly I've been using another name to post about this, but I'm fed up of constantly name changing! So if you know me in rl, please use disgression.

As a very young child I was sexually abused by a 15 year old family member.

I have recently found out there was a court case, something which I always believed there wasnt. I want to find out what the ruling of this was how do I go about this?

Talking to patents or other family members is unfortunately not an option. Were talking early 1990's

xxxresixxx Wed 10-Oct-12 17:41:40

It may have been mentioned in the local papers? You could try google or your local library? If you had police/ social services involvement you could apply to social services for access to your files which may hold info? Sorry I can't be of more help, I hope you find out what you need..

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Oct-12 17:47:51

If you know anyone with any legal standing, a solicitor, law student, barrister, they might be able to search for the case in legal databases. Or you could try a law library.

It might be a bit difficult to search for if you only have vague dates and the name of the defendant is a common one though.

addictedisback Wed 10-Oct-12 18:24:00

Because of his age I highly doubt i would find much info from the local newspaper, but I will check.
Ss don't seem very helpful, although I will ring back tomorrow.
I've spoken to my local police unit. (moved areas since) and they have been quite positive but again because he was under 16 they are unsure what I will be allowed to know.

I just wondered if anyone knew of a diffrent way, the public records office is another avenue I can try but seems rather complicated and I'm not sure what's involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now