Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Any conveyancers able to help a non conveyancing lawyer, please?

(3 Posts)
Boomboomboomboom Fri 05-Oct-12 19:35:31

I wonder if anyone can help me (also posted in Property). I am a lawyer but not a conveyancer and I was hoping to do my own conveyancing on this simple sale/purchase.

I am purchasing a piece of land from my neighbours that is currently included in their registered title and it is not directly adjacent to my land (highway in between). I know I need to complete the Land Registry's TP1 form (transfer of part of registered title) so it is given a new title number but what I don't know is whether it is necessary to have a separate deed of sale given the form requires execution in a way which appears to duplicate what a separate deed of sale would do.

Will the TP1, properly executed, signed by all parties and witnessed suffice as a record of the sale, given it will include detailed plans etc?

Also the sale price is under £10,000 - presumably there are no stamp duty issues?

Are their CGT issues for my neighbours? Their look out but I am curious.

Thank you very much if anyone is able to help.

starlingsintheslipstream Fri 05-Oct-12 23:52:59

Not a Conveyancer, but, yes the TP1 is sufficient. And, you're right, no stamp duty to consider. Have no idea about CGT though.

Boomboomboomboom Sat 06-Oct-12 19:40:41

thank you, I had hoped you might say that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: