Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

How to pay?

(2 Posts)
Sortingmylifeout Thu 04-Oct-12 11:01:08

Right, as my NC says, I am sorting out the hideous financial mess I have got myself into.

I was taken to court for some money owed, and I have agreed through the court an amount to pay weekly. I have recieved the order/judgement today and I have been given a solicitors address to make payments to which is the other side of the country. There is no phone number or anything to make payments on.

How should I pay? Unsurprisingly, I don't have a cheque book. Would a postal order be ok or should I send cash (small amount) and use registered post? When I send the first payment, would it be alright to send a letter asking if they have a some sort of payment line or account details to pay into?

Also, if I have any spare cash, however unlikely it may be, would it be alright to make extra payments or do I need to stick to the plan agreed? I don't know if I pay an extra fiver occasionally, they will take it to mean I can afford to pay more. I really can't but I'm thinking of christmas/birthday money.

Collaborate Thu 04-Oct-12 11:06:42

I suggest you pay by direct bank transfer. Set up a standing order. You need to get the bank details from the solicitor and also the reference you'll need to quote so that they can allocate the money correctly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now