Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Ice Rink lost daughters shoes

(5 Posts)
SomePeopleSayImBonkers Sat 29-Sep-12 20:38:39

Hiya,

Hope this is the right place to post this, apologies if it isn't.

I'm posting this on behalf of a situation of someone else I know.

Her daughter went to the ice rink, she came home with the wrong pair of shoes...they aren't hers, so hers were given to someone else.

Mother has contacted the Ice Rink and they say that there isn't a lot that can be done and that the manager can not authorise a reimbursement of the price of the shoes.

I'm sure I read somewhere, or watched a TV programme that talks about the fact that places like this can be held responsible for personal items left in their care, even if they have a disclaimer saying otherwise?? Maybe I'm wrong.

Can my friend do anything? Thanks

SomeoneThatYouUsedToKnow Sat 29-Sep-12 22:15:35

Did you DD tell them they had given her the wrong shoes or did she only realise later?

SomeoneThatYouUsedToKnow Sat 29-Sep-12 22:15:53

Did your friends DD tell them they had given her the wrong shoes or did she only realise later?

NatashaBee Sat 29-Sep-12 22:17:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slappywappydoodah Tue 02-Oct-12 13:04:44

I don't understand how she can have got all the way home before mentioning that these weren't her shoes??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now