Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

will i be getting a fine in the post?

(3 Posts)
RinkyDinkyDoo Sat 29-Sep-12 17:45:04

I was stopped by a traffic officer today after he saw me do a u turn at the traffic lights- I know I'm silly. He pulled me over,talked to me about how silly I was,gave me stern looks and said "Give me a reason why I shouldn't prosecute you?" I said I couldn't,as he'd told me he'd seen me and he'd captured it on camera.
He then just walked off back to his car and drove off. I'm thinking he has given me a verbal,no mention of fine/points etc, but am now worried i'll get all the documents through the post.

sixthsense Sat 29-Sep-12 17:51:59

I think he would caution you and inform you what he would be doing next - I tihnk he may hope putting the fear of god in you would probably suffice - aving been stopped doing 85 on the motorway i had a similar experience - the officer said he asnt going to caution me which meant that he wouldnt be taking it any further unless on getting back to the station he found i was a habitual speeder smile - hope things go ok

RinkyDinkyDoo Sat 29-Sep-12 20:32:21

Thanks sixth. would feel a lot better if I'd got, "Well you're lucky this time, don't let there be a next time"line. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now